The invasion of rodents, insects or other parasites is faced not only by residents in apartments and houses, but also by owners of enterprises in various fields of activity. You can try to get rid of such neighbors on your own, or you can resort to the services of special companies – pest control.
Disinfection – what is it?
Disinfection is a procedure aimed not only at the extermination of pests, but also a set of other measures carried out for the purpose of prevention, in order to prevent the causes of the appearance of insects, rodents and other “uninvited” guests, their development and further reproduction. For the best pest control Singapore to be effective, it should be carried out taking into account the following aspects:
- location of sites with a large number of parasites at different stages of their reproduction;
- the impact of factors, both natural and anthropogenic;
- the effect of insecticidal drugs on different groups of parasites and rodents;
- changes in the number of unwanted neighbours;
- how quickly new “residents” recover after the procedure.
Disinfection: How to carry it out correctly
Disinfection work includes various measures to combat insect pests using special equipment. Their use must be in accordance with specific safety rules:
- Disinfection treatments are allowed by those people who have received training and safety instructions. In addition, they should not have medical contraindications for this type of activity;
- All work related to disinfection should be carried out exclusively in overalls and using personal protective equipment for the respiratory organs (for example, a respirator), eyes and skin;
- The room where the treatment will be carried out must be well cleaned before it. It should take out edible supplies, raw materials and water;
- During disinfestation, there should be no people in the room who are not directly involved in this event and whose stay at the processed object is not mandatory from the point of view of production necessity;
- Stay in the premises that are processed by any person without the use of personal protective equipment is unacceptable. You cannot smoke and eat in them.
The change of personnel performing the disinfection treatment should last a maximum of four hours. At the same time, a break is required every 50 minutes. During this time, the employee must go out into the fresh air and spend at least ten minutes there, while the respirator must be removed.
After the end of the shift, it is important to take off special clothing in accordance with the established regulations.
Possible nuances of pest control management
In the event that accidental poisoning with chemical substances occurs during the disinfection process, the victim must immediately leave the room where the treatment is being carried out and go into fresh air.
Remove dirty clothes, as usual, the drug that has fallen on the skin, remove with ammonia (if necessary, a replacement is acceptable: a solution of baking soda or soap is suitable for this purpose). If the disinfestation agent gets into the eyes, they should be rinsed abundantly with clean water, dripped with albucide or novocaine.
Signs of poisoning are as follows:
- strange taste sensations;
- strong salivation;
- nausea – it increases with eating and smoking;
- pain in the abdomen.
If these symptoms appear, then the victim must be immediately taken to a hospital or at least taken to a medical centre, where he will be provided with first aid.